Thursday 17 October 2024

BPEplpjh0xI

BPEplpjh0xI

so hello there and welcome to another
tutorial
my name is Thanh de Mac XI and this time
we're going to be going over another
science experiment now I know I haven't
done one of these in quite some time
but today we're going to be talking
about how you can use carbon dioxide to
extinguish a fire or put out a flame
let's begin now as you can see I have
this demonstration set up in front of me
which I will be getting to in a bit I
promise but first we have to go through
the explanations shall we begin
if you want right now there'll be a
little box on screen to skip to them to
the demonstration if you like ok now the
box is gone let's continue with the
explanation now alright so first of all
before we can actually get into the
video I have to explain what does a fire
consist of first of all a fire is
substances combining with oxygen or
another supporter of combustion in order
to create things like bright light heat
and smoke that sort of fires and also I
mean you probably know fire is but also
what does a fire need to sustain itself
what does it need to be lit what does it
need to stay put now there are three
things no more no less even one of them
gone and the fire just won't start okay
so first of all you need something
called kindling temperature what is
kindling temperature now kindling
temperature is the temperature at which
substances start to burn this
temperature is sort of where fire starts
okay second you need a flammable
material and this can be really anything
like roller wood door propane and also
levels reminds me different substances
actually burn with different colors for
example
burning wood because of all of its
carbon it burns a yellowish blah
yellowish blackish color and propane for
example lights as a bluish almost
colorless flame that's an interesting
fact different substances burn with
different flame colors and finally the
third thing is that you need a supporter
of combustion all right so now
essentially let's explain this first of
all kindling temperature as I said is
the temperature at which substances
start to burn second a flammable
material which is any material that can
catch on fire and third a supporter of
combustion now what does this mean this
is usually oxygen first of all is what I
can say oxygen is a supporter of
combustion if you were to combine let's
say oxygen right like oxygen and wood
and like a really hot temperature it
will create a fire okay however there
are some things that are not supported
of combustion such as carbon dioxide
those are inhibitors of combustion or um
and or anti supporters of or not they're
not supporters of combustion and so
essentially they do not allow flames to
exist they don't allow they put them out
okay however supporters of combustion
allow them to exist and so usually let's
say lighting a candle at your home okay
it's actually most probably using oxygen
in the air in order to light the candle
as a supporter of combustion and so now
another thing is that first of all you
know what let's just get straight into
the experiment now alright so as you can
see I have this experiment sort of table
ready now before we begin I got to go
over the materials now first of all if
you were 18 you need parental
supervision for this experiment just
like I do right now
of course because I mean we are playing
with fire currently and also since we
are working / playing with fire you need
a fire extinguisher very important just
in case things get out of control also
you need things like a candle okay
simple candle over here that's lit again
get it lit by our parents all right just
like I have also you need okay this is
very hot to the touch you need a glass
with a candle stuck inside of it
preferably to the side now this candle
is about to go out we might just get
that swapped with a cut but not just yet
or actually you know what let's get the
candle here swapped now let's do that
all right so the candle is being lit in
just a second all right so it is ready
and if I just pick this up again this is
extremely hot to the touch so I can't
exactly touch it very nicely
now again it is very preferable to you
to keep the candle on one of the sides
that the carbon dioxide comes in and
goes out all right so now next what you
need is one of these little scooper
things I'm not exactly sure what these
are called but they're sort of a spoon
with a large dip and a straight little
scooper part it's for you to be able to
you know carry this candle here this
candle you'll be able to carry it and
put it in to the jug slowly just on top
of the jug okay you could use your hands
but I prefer a little spoon thing of
course that little cup with the candle
on a jug holder a coca-cola or really
whatever carbonated drink you use and of
course this should be relatively big so
it can carry a lot of liquid meaning a
lot more carbonation and also some salt
to release more to the carbonation or
you could use like a little part of a
Mentos or something like that or
something that will release the
combination of the carbonated drink and
of course a huge carbonated drink again
you should probably get the two later
variants not just those little smaller
bottles because these have a lot more
carbonation in them and they will be
much better for your experiment let's
begin now all right so no we don't need
a marker that's not required so now
again I'm just going to repeat this one
more time you need your parent or
supervision for this experiment and you
need these candles to be lit by your
parents if your kid
but let's anyway continue now let's
begin first of all the experiment will
consist of me taking this coke over here
this is even heavy okay so we're going
to slowly release the cap okay now
without too much carbon dioxide escaping
I'm just going to quickly open this up
okay and I'm going to pour this into my
jug here as you can see it goes into the
jug a lot of it okay so I'm going to
pour about this much in okay so now
there's currently a lot of carbonation
okay now that we know first of all
carbon dioxide has a density much higher
than the air around it and so what
happens is it tries to sink and so even
though it's like hurry up but you might
be thinking hurry up and put the candle
in so we can see the experiment but now
most of this carbon dioxide isn't
escaping some of it might be but most of
it is sinking down back into the jar so
star has hardly any oxygen in it and so
there's hardly any supporters of
combustion in it and so technically
speaking if I were to take this very
candle as you can see it is lit if I
want to take it and put it down into
this jug it should in theory go out and
as you can see the candle has gone out
it is no longer lit as you can see here
the candle has gone out I might just
zoom into that alright so the candle has
gone out now again this is because there
was no supporter of combustion in there
because there's no support or combustion
it wasn't able to stay put and the
carbon dioxide has essentially put it
out all right so now this is where the
salt comes in I'm going to pour in a bit
more coke just a little bit okay then
I'm also going to pour some more salt in
there this releases a lot more carbon
dioxide and now watch this if I pour
this in here but I don't let any liquid
come out as you can see it has
extinguished the flame just like that
the carbon dioxide was enough to
extinguish the flame and that is how you
can use carbon dioxide with any sort of
carbonated drink in order to put out
candles and that was it for this
tutorial I hope you enjoyed just before
I go one last time I'd like to repeat if
you are a kid you need parental
supervision
or this experiment just to stay safe you
of course need a fire extinguisher
that's a must just in case again things
get out of control that's gonna be it
for my tutorial today I hope you enjoyed
thank you very much
and so yeah again that's going to be it
thank you very much if you like being
tutorial you could like it share it with
your friends of whoever you think might
enjoy or learn from this and of course
you can subscribe to my youtube channel
if you really like it really does help
out you can contact me with questions or
ideas down in the comments below
at my email Taji manage email comm or on
my Twitter at catch you many that's
going to get for this tutorial thank you
very much goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment

PineConnector TradingView Automation MetaTrader 4 Setup Guide

what's up Traders I'm Kevin Hart and in today's video I'm going to be showing you how to install Pine connecto...